Thursday, January 8, 2009

I love cats! I have always had cats. Cats have a lot to each us about life. My last cat died at 19 years old. he would have lived longer but he had renal failure for 8 years and I had to give him fluids to keep him going. He looked sort of like this poly dactyl here. Chessie was a saint. He put up with all the medical treatments. He taught me how to learn 'his language and to be patient with things and creatures different than myself. What I am saying is that he taught me to LISTEN. We humans are quick to speak and give thoughts and opinions but are very slow to listen. When I mean listen I am not just talking about words but to hear what people and creatures are NOT saying. Listening is an art that the world tramples over so much. If people listened to the hearts of other people and yes, even animals, we would have a safer world. But sadly fear takes over and people jump to sad and a lot of the times wrong conclusions about people and life. I have been guilty of this myself too many times than I would like to admit. My goal is to be a better listener to what life is speaking to me. I think and believe the universe is a great school of learning and too many times we blind outselves by fear and addictions.

My husband and I are members of the Living Desert and we go alot to observe the animals. My favorites are all the different cats, servals, sand cats, leopards, cheetahs, also giraffs and believe it or not camels. I love to watch them. Animals live totally in the present. They don't worry about the past. They do not fret over the future. They live in the present. I am learning there is SO much in the present. When I can let go of the past and not anticipate the future I learn I can be in touch with all of life right in the present moment. I can't believe how rich life is when we are present in the moment. This is partly what Chessie and all the critters in the Living Desert are teaching me. All of creation is connected and we can fully participate and see that when living in the total moment. Look at this poly dactyl here, He is so engrossed in drinking the water. His life is full right in that moment. How precious! I am grateful God created cats. They have much to teach me. God bless my Chessie.

No comments:

Post a Comment